From Beretta to Tikka Shooters

TikkaShooters

We have received the following letter from Beretta. This comes as a huge surprise to us since, just one month ago, a Beretta representative sat in our office and stated that he was excited to collaborate with us as we help expand the Tikka brand.

Since I cannot reach Beretta's council to state this, I am doing it publically online: As much as it saddens us, we will comply with the Cease and Desist Letter. Our goal was never to impede or encroach upon Beretta and Sako's trademarks and we have intentionally avoided using and logo or font related to the Tikka brand on any of our sites. Our goal since day 1 has been to expand the Tikka brand and bring awareness to the worldwide shooting community as to how amazing these rifles are.

Although we disagree that we have violated trademarks through our course of business or online, there is simply no way we can afford to defend ourselves against Beretta's unlimited resources. It is unfortunate that we cannot come to an agreement that would benefit both companies and the shooting community. It is even more unfortunate that the practice of litigating companies out of existence has become more and more common.

The good news is that we will be able to continue operations under our manufacturing company, Mountain Tactical. Our products and customer service will remain the same throughout this transition, and we appreciate each and every one of our customers. Our goal is to transition the store to the www.mountaintactical.com domain by January 1st.

Thank you all for your continued support as we navigate these waters.
I will keep you all updated to any and all changes that will be coming down the pike.

Happy shooting!

BerettaC&Dscaled.jpg

Well that Sucks!!!

You would think that they would be happy that you are promoting their product, as you said, for the betterment of the shooting community as a whole.

I do not shoot a Tikka, or a Sako, but the whole thing seems a little underhanded in my outside opinion.

Best of luck in moving forward!

First of all, good plan to fully comply with the C&D right away.

IMO, Don't bother with their council - he's not making business decisions. Go to your rep and escalate, escalate, escalate. Call and leave messages for any executive you can find. Have a concise statement ready to explain how you add value to their brand. See if you can negotiate some token license agreement that lets them ensure control of your use of their brand. If you can at least engage someone in the discussion, you've got a chance.

If it means a lot to you, go all-out to try and wear them down. Make it easier for them to talk with you than ignore you. Right now you are just a line-item on their to-do list. Make them understand who you are and what you do and maybe you'll get some consideration.

Good luck!!!

The answer, if you want a chance to save your business and name, is for your clients to stand up and let them know how they feel.

It is always the people that will make the biggest difference in changing policy. Unfortunately today, seldom are willing to do the work, take the time and get involved. Maybe this will be the exception.

Scot E.

I appreciate everyone's input and support. Scot you are correct that the best thing to do is to have everyone stand up and voice their opinion.

Unfortunately, we, as a majority, seem to keep bowing down to these massive organizations. The problem with 1 step forward 2 steps back is that you eventually get backed off the cliff.

The good news is that the change to Mountain Tactical does not mean that we must stop manufacturing premium parts for Tikka rifles.

I am committed to continue offering the very best aftermarket support for Tikka rifles possible.

The good news is that my hope was to someday take the technology we are innovating for Tikkas and spill it over into the Remington/Savage/Winchester crowd. That day is just closer than I realized!

Also, please remember that our store with all 5500 new products is still live and humming along at The Tikka Performance Center

Additionally there is a longrangehunting.com member's only sale going on right now.

Use coupon code 10LRH2013 to save an additional 10% on all our regular and sale priced items through 10/31/13

The LRH community has been extremely supportive of our efforts and we want to thank you for this support.

Thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.