FreeTrapper, Washington State

FreeTrapper

Long time hunter of big and small game, rifle and handgun. Handload for each catagorie. I was brought up in the Elmer Keith, Jack O'conner, Col. Askins, Bill Jordan, Jeff Cooper, Skeeter Skelton, Jim Carmical etc.etc. era and learned to shoot studying the great men who ushered in the final analysis of shooting rifles and handguns as we currently know and understand them. Spent some years in LE as a Deputy Sheriff, certified in Wa. & Id., Firearms Instructor, Lethal Threat Managenmt for Police, Swat, Swat Sniper and such things back before the politians destroyed that line of work.

Like to hunt Whitetails, Black Bears and Muleys as far as "big" game goes. Small game like Coyotes, Rockchucks and ground squirrels with handguns mostly. Shoot Black Powder, side-lock/patch-ball in .54 cal.

Current rifle interests: Rem. M-700 C in the great and controversial 25-06., Springfield Armory M1A and a Rem. M=700 XCR in .375 H&H.

Current handgun interests: Rugers in .454 casull/.45 Colt, .357 mag., .22 LR, .41 mag., .44 mag. I almost forgot to mention Glock in 10mm...

I wish all my fellow hunters/shooters here my best regards and greetings.

I currently reside on the "right" (east) side in Spokane, Wa.

I look forward to participating in discussions on topics here. My son is now 14 and he has been raised a hunter and shooter. My wife had been an avid handgunner until she became ill and does not shoot as often as she once did.

We are a Christian Patriot based family who believes in the constitution and bill of rights. We love our country and our chosen shooting/hunting interests. Through my background in Law Enforcement, Deputy Sheriff, I earned certifications as Weapons Instructor, SWAT Sniper/Entry, Lethal Threat Management for Police and a few other weapons related issues. Spent time with the Army's SRT guys back in the day shooting at Ft. Lewis.

I'm 55 now and working in private security, armed.

Welcome Free Trapper,

I've done some hunting near you at Marshall Lake/Bead lake. Some big Whitetails in there for sure!

Pleasure to have you on our side.

Hello FreeTrapper
Fairly new to this Internet stuff myself. I've been here in Spokane 30 plus years, and it's good to know others running the same ridges are out there in cyberspace. Marshall and Bead Lakes-it's been awhile but I know where NW Hunter is talking about. Spring fever seems to be running high here locally, maybe I'll see you out there. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.