Foxpro's FOXBANG!

Justin2111

I have a foxpro fury and sent it off last year and had foxbang put on it. You would not believe how many sets I shoot more then one coyote on! On tuesday I was out calling let out a howl, woke some dogs up spotted them about 1200 yards out just above a creek bottom. Once they shut up I switched to the trusted rabbit distress. Brought them in so fast I missed the 1st cause he wouldn't stop, foxbang set off preset #1, which brought in a 2nd, dog 1 down, foxbang goes off again brought another in, dog 2 down! Remember that 1st one? After some talking and whining he come back in and well I missed him again! Someone or thing was on that dogs side that day but the fact that he come in once and then was fooling twice rarely happens anywhere!
This was not the 1st set foxbang has got me a double or even a triple! I would like to shake the guy gals had that come up with the technology behind foxbang!
Anyone have any similar stories?

Justin2111,
Welcome to LRH Forums! :)

Where are you hunting that you have 1200 yards of viewing?

As for the Fox Bang... If you're using a rabbit distress and you shoot a coyote, it automatically switches to a (what you have it set for) coyote pup distress. What happens after the second shot? Does it go back to the original set call?

What happens in the same scenario if you shoot 2 or 3 times?

Most remotes have a lanyard that allows quick access. I'd rather change the sound myself, that way I'd know it was changed to what I want and it's not going to get changed again...without my changing it. Perhaps the Fox Bang feature works different than that, but I'm curious as to how this would play out, under multiple shots being fired.

Bowhunter57

I hunt in wyoming, and the answer to your questiion, foxbang goes off with every shot, that set I called 3 in I shot 4 times! All fur was took after the 1st shot which was a miss. My preset #1 is pup distress

That's good to know it works that good. I want to get a Foxpro so that will help me choose which one.lightbulb

The fury is a great caller don't get me wrong, but that TX500 remote has something to be desired! I would reconmned the firestorm cause it comes with foxbang! The howl was from the foxpro, most of the time I use the mouth calls for challenging because its a lot quicker to respond and the sound is more personel!

We come in 5, was in second after the 1st check in then sunday we missed on a double and those where the last 2 coyotes we seen. The dogs where slow coming in because of the full moon.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.