FOXJACK2 questions...

top predator

for those that have / use the foxjack2, is the topper designed to be easily replaced without damage to the shaft?

i'm probably getting one for the wildfire2, just wanted to see how much modifying if any has to be done.

any drawbacks with the foxjack2 that's worth noting?

for those that have / use the foxjack2, is the topper designed to be easily replaced without damage to the shaft?

i'm probably getting one for the wildfire2, just wanted to see how much modifying if any has to be done.

any drawbacks with the foxjack2 that's worth noting?
Very easily done, they even sell replacement tops for it. It's a good piece of kit. The only drawback I've found- It fit in the pocket of my snow parka with the regular battery door, but the decoy is too big. But that's more me whining than an actual drawback.:D

that's sort of the type of drawback (if you want to call it that) i was thinking of, i usually put my caller in a back pack, and was thinking that the shaft may get damaged. there's enough room in my pack to fit the attached body.

i have to take a closer look and see if the shaft can be removed from the body with out ruining it.

other than that no other complaints?

i've read it doesn't put excessive draw on the callers batteries either, which is another plus in my book if so.

less batteries to mess with / recharge between the caller and a separate mojo critter.

that's sort of the type of drawback (if you want to call it that) i was thinking of, i usually put my caller in a back pack, and was thinking that the shaft may get damaged. there's enough room in my pack to fit the attached body.

i have to take a closer look and see if the shaft can be removed from the body with out ruining it.

other than that no other complaints?

i've read it doesn't put excessive draw on the callers batteries either, which is another plus in my book if so.

less batteries to mess with / recharge between the caller and a separate mojo critter.

None that come to mind. I found that the whole works will fit into the top pouch of my Eberlestock gunrunner pack with the shaft sticking straight up, looks like I have a redneck antenna sticking out, but it works great. I'd check the shaft for ya to see if it comes out easily or not, but I lent it out to a buddy for the weekend. I can let ya know on Monday.

threejones:

i just picked one up, it appears that the shaft is actually connected to a "cog" by a small allen type screw, then there's a cap that goes over it.

seems if it was damaged, it can be replaced easily.

+1000 for foxpro designers to think of having everything replaceable!

thanks for your response, gonna hook up the foxjack2 and play a little.

I used a carry strap off a duffel bag and a split ring key ring around the handle and throw the strap over my head and arm and carry mine with out messing up the fox jack.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.