fox with a .222

remingtonman_25_06

My dad had told me he seen a fox at the end of our road in one of the neighbors pastures when he past by riding a bicycle. I was going to pick up a friend about 10 am when I saw him. I turned around and jetted home and got my .222 rem. By the time I got back, which was like 2 minutes, he was gone. Or I just couldn't see him. I proceeded to get my friend and told him that I had just seen a fox, thats why I had the rifle with me. On the way back to my house we stopped and looked out in the field again. My friend actually spotted it about 10 feet off the side of a cow of the same color. I had thought it was a calf. After getting the leupold scope on 8x, I was able to see it was indeed the fox. The range was about 200 yards, and I was using a 40g nbt at 3600fps. Fox dropped at the shot. This is only my 2nd fox.
zm1b4g.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
My dad had told me he seen a fox at the end of our road in one of the neighbors pastures when he past by riding a bicycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

What'd ja do w/the bike after ya shot the fox off of it/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fox is an awfully big target do you have p'dogs?Not to mention a fox can give a pack of hounds a mighty good run! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It is a rem 700 adl. It has a sporter weight 24" barrel. Very very accurate though for sporter barrel. Shoots in the .1's on occasion, and never over the high .2's at 100 yards. Not bad for an older factory stick I think. I always say its the cartridge. I love it. We dont have pdogs or ground squirrels around where I live. I dont know why, we have the same kinda open desert terrain as central and southern oregon and they have millions of squirrels. I dont get it. All we have is a couple rockchucks here and there, and you really gotta be looking for them to see one.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.