Forster Ultra bullet seating die

dirtboy

I just got one haven't set it up yet just curiouse to if any has used it and how they liked it. Forster Ultra Micro. bullet seating die. Its for a 30-378

I have one for my .300 RUM and I love it. I believe it makes a big difference once added to all of the other steps that we do for accuracey loading.

worth every penny!

BigBuck

I have one for my 7mm mag. I like it. I haven't got the equipment to see if it has reduced runout, but it does seem easier to seat the bullets compared to my RCBS seater.

Stu.

The seater design itself is so good Redding copied it, both brands are very good when compaired to conventional seaters!

The micrometer head adds nothing to accuracy, it just helps those who have difficulty getting their OAL where they want it to be. My first had the mic head, didn't bother when I got my others because correct seating isn't a mystery to me.

Last edited:
I own a half dozen of them. All of mine are for various six millimeters and center fire 22's. They are very accurate. You may want to check the bullet nose to the end of the seating stem, as some bullets will not line up right (all brands are this way). Forster sells other seating stems if you need one. When I set one of these dies up I try to get the micrometer dial setup in mid travel. That way you can adjust it in both directions. One last thing I do, that may be of advantage to you if you change bullets a lot. I keep a log for the actual settings in the die. That way I can go right back to where I was at. I never move the lock ring on the die once it's set. I also have a similar log book for my Harrell powder measurer
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.