Forster Co-Ax Press

Jim Hundley

Will the co-ax press accept Redding Competition neck size and seating dies?Also, will this press (being that everything works off the center line and the shell "holder" allows the cartridge to float)will it product strighter ammo than a standard press.I use the above dies with a Redding Big Boss and the runout averages .002 or less.Would the co-ax improve on this,or is run out totally dependent on the die and neck straightness?I am loading for a .308 Win. and a .300 Win.mag.
Thanks,
Jimmy

In my Forster Co-Ax Press I have only used RCBS and Forster dies. The largest caliber I have realoaded for is 300 RUM. It's a great press, very accurate and easy to get .001 if done properly.

I have used a co-ax press for about 20 years and have never had a problem with redding dies. I have had issues with the older bonanza bench rest dies adjusting out to where the bullet hits the lands in some calibers.

I understand that Forster did a recent upgrade/redesign of the Co-Ax and deepened the arch in the press handle to accommodate longer dies. That being the case, it should work with virtually anything. I'd recommend giving them a call.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that Forster did a recent upgrade/redesign of the Co-Ax and deepened the arch in the press handle to accommodate longer dies. That being the case, it should work with virtually anything. I'd recommend giving them a call.

[/ QUOTE ]
+1.
Give them a call

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.