Forster Co-Ax Max OAL Length

sharpshooterbr

Can anyone tell me the max OAL that the Forster Co-ax press will handle? Also, are there any clearance issues with the handle yoke and tall competition-style dies for larger magnums such as the 7mm RUM? Thanks.

I reload 300 wby with redding comp dies on mine. the 300 wby case is 2.825-inches long, the 7mm rum has a case length of 2.850-inches so i really do not see a problem. the newer co-ax presses have more space through the handle yoke than the older presses. For the 338 allem mag i use a corbon press one because it will take the larger diameter dies for the 408 case and it also provides enough stroke for reloading a 50 which the co-ax will not due

The new press will take the big Redding dies no problem.
I have the old one and they do not fit.

I use Forester comp dies in hunting 338 and 375 Ultras...They do fit (the Reddings are taller).
No problem down below...Plenty of clearance.

Thanks for the info guys, especially the pics. I tried searching for previous threads on this subject, but I never found that thread. Thanks again.

gbp,

will the coax press not work fir the 338AM. I have on order, just git a coax press. It is still soon enough to send the press back.

vince

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts