FORM 6N1A

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ian M, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

I filled out an application for the form necessary for taking firearms into the U.S. for hunts. Sent it June 22, it was handled June 27th, got a fax copy today, July 5th. That is very reasonable handling by the ATF in my opinion.

I am very pleased with this turn-around - they mention six weeks so this was excellent.

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

That IS a decent turn around. Enjoy....

What's the general procedure for going from the U.S. to Canada?

I may want to try for one of those big Alberta white tails one of thest times..

3. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

You have it much simpler. Just show up at the border or customs entry point in an airport with a simple form and 25 Canadian bucks. You can get the form off the internet but have to sign it in front of the officer when you cross.

I would rather have your system, even tho this worked so smoothly for me.

4. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Ian,

Wish the ATF was that fast sending out renewals for FFLs. Hell they have you send them in 2 months before they expire and then send you a letter telling you you can stay in business for 6 months until they get you your new license.

THen the letter also says if you do not get your new FFL in that 6 month time, they will send another letter good for another 6 months.

Fun!

At least you can stay in business.

Roy,

Taking rifles to Canada is a piece if cake. Fill out the proper paper work before hand with customs and its is extremely easy. Especially if you drive though, do not know about flying but I am sure the biggest head ache will be with the airline and not Canada.

Canada is very US hunter friendly if you have your ducks in a row. Getting back into the states can be a pain at times but its also no problem as long as you keep track of all your paperwork.

Kirby Allen(50)

5. Meister

Meister Well-Known Member

ATF needs to be overhauled much like the DOJ did with the NFA branch. I can get title II paper back in as little as 3 1/2 weeks now. I know my dealer is upgrading his license and has been waiting for 8 months and there has been no activity. His last standard dealer license got a 6 month letter like 4 times, but his new license expires a year after he recieved it. No excuse. they cut down the number of dealers by a bunch a few years ago, this should not be a problem.

I'm glad to hear you had such good luck with your entry permit. I hope you have fun here!

6. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

My FFL showed up today, guess I better stop bitchin' now that they take so long!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)