For the new to Western Hunting/Living

royinidaho

Just a tho't for ya.

If you've never been to the mountain west for a hunt here's something to think about. Though this is our second or third spring so far this year it also happens unexpectedly in the fall. Hell even in the summer!

In the high country there was much more and localized from the Utah boarder to the Montana border with some very large areas getting no storm at all. The wind about changed my zip code.

Be prepared.

Pic taken yesterday.
LR-View.jpg

After-Snow.jpg

Taken this morning. Only 4" here but counties to the north are shut down school wise.

Ya we had all 4 seasons on Easter Sunday in Central Oregon too. I wish I was home in Baker Co., But I live here now. And the snow (what little we get) melts off quick. Nothin like the 2ft that sticks around for 2-3 months like Im used to back home, but it beats the over crowded constant ''spring weather'' of the valley by a mile! Thanks for the pic Roy. Hope you got your side of the bed last night, and werent sleeping in the dog house for the storm:D

I had 6in of snow on the truck hood this morning in SW MT, my daughter is itching to get her new bike out but it has been to cold or to much snow or wind lately. I've had a foot of snow the 15th of May along the MT ID border, make lambing and calveing super fun.

Roy, You all live in the bannana belt :)

We got our 6' last night and this morning and usually get snow storms through May and sometimes well into June. Thee May and June storms are almost alwayst the heaviest with the most snow. A few years back we got 14" in mid June in Bozeman. It broke off a heck of a lot of tree branches.

I've still got 6-12" of winter snow pack in my yard that has melted down from 18-24". I haven't seen my yard since early Nov.... That's 5 months and counting.

Am I complaining? You bet I am!!!! I'm sick of snow:rolleyes::cool:

So I decided to go to the range on Sunday, since it was supposed to be near 61. I packed up my new Obama '08 AR, and drove up north about 60 miles. It was a friggin blizzard, white out at times, and I froze my nards off. I still managed some 1/4 - 1/2 inch groups before I had enough. Of course, I decided to leave my jacket at home, because I didn't want to look like a sissy. I still love it out west!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.