For Sale -New Savage 112 BVSS Target Rifle in 7mm Rem Mag

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by Jason Price, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Jason Price

Jason Price Member

New never fired Savage 112 BVSS target rifle in 7mm Rem Mag - Heavy laminated ambidextrous Wundhammer palm swell stock - Dual pillar bedded stainless action - 26" stainless heavy fluted free floated button-rifled barrel - New Lynx by B-Square stainless stud mount bases and 1" rings - Slightly used, but in 98% cond, 6-18 x 50mm Bushnell Banner matte finish scope - 1 box Federal Premium 7RM 150 gr Nosler BT

All of the above shipped to FFL holder for $650 plus cost of shipping

I am a FFL dealer and ordered this rifle for a guy that did not pass NICS background check

Post Here or E-mail japrice@pbtcomm.net

2. Tackdriver

Tackdriver Member

Hello
    You probably wont want to do this initally, but if all else fails, I will buy the BARREL and bolt from you.

3. Jason Price

Jason Price Member

Hi Tackdriver

Thanks for the reply - Sorry so long posting back, I've been away on a "mission" - It would absolutely make no sense at all for me to part out a new rifle - I've got literaly 100's of guns already and it would seem like the last thing I need is to keep another rifle, but if I have to keep it I will - Was going to ream it to STW for the guy who ordered it and I may go ahead and do it anyway - Just thought it would make nice starter rifle for somebody - I will sell the rifle only (less mounts and scope) for my cost which is $450 - Guess that's probably more than you want to pay for a barrel and bolt - Short of that either somebody will walk in the shop one day and buy it or one of my kids will inherit it

BTW - The guy who didn't pass the NICS check was convicted of shooting a domestic "problem" dog about 25 yrs ago (dog was attacking a new born calf on his farm) - He pleaded guilty to the charges and didn't fight it at the time, thinking that was the right thing to do and make peace with his neighbor - He paid a small fine - The dog owner actually apologized after the fact when he had cooled down and he also paid for the calf - Now Mr. Farmer can't buy a gun because of the not too long ago enacted Brady laws that prohibit a person with ANY firearm violation from purchasing a gun - He has fought this ever since it came up and to no avail - If I understand all of the parameters of this situation correctly the only way he can resolve it is through a pardon from the Governor.

Later.......I'm going out in the morning to "Reach Out Touch One"

4. Jason Price

Jason Price Member

Since nobody wanted an absoutley new $450 rifle, I decided to try it myself

Throwed the Lynx bases and the Bushnell scope in the trash - Didn't want them anyway

Put on Burriss Signature +10 insert mounts and saddled up a Leupold 6.5 x 20 x 50 LR - Installed Sharp Shooter trigger - Set in a Choate Varmit stock

Did my usual "shoot and clean" for 10 shots while zeroing in on the 500 yd rock on my rifle range(I'm fortunate enough to have a 1'300 yd range literally out the back window of my shop - Thank God for America!) - Clean again with one more shot at the rock - The next 5 shots at a 500 yd paper - Those last 5 shots were within 3 INCHES WITH FACTORY FEDERAL 150gr NBT AMMO !!!

That may not be amazing accuracy to some of the posters on this forum, but I think it's darn excellent for a basically untuned factory rifle with factory ammo

Now for this - There's about as many rifles go through here as most anywhere, but it seems to me that most everybody wants a "name brand" rifle "souped up" with some fancy fixings to try to impress their friends - Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the "multi $1,000's" gun business - I just don't think Savage is getting thier fair share of credit for producing about the most accurate out of the box rifle made

Rifle not for sale anymore...........