• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale: Custom 270SS

wilkup

My previous thread expired for some reason. Just reposting it again.
Up for sale is my custom 270SS I had put together.
Build specs:
Fluted Brux Barrel #3 Contour 1-8" twist
Custom Walnut Richards Microfit Stock I made with my dad
Remington Model 7 Action that's been slabbed
Fluted PTG bolt
Wyatts Mag Box
Timney Trigger
PTG Bottom Metal
Talley LW Rings 8x40 screws
Nikon M Tactical 3-12x44
Nitrided Bolt
Cerakoted Elite Midnight
Carbon Fiber Bedded Action

Included in sale:
- Whidden Dies
- 50 Pieces fireformed ADG brass (most of them have been formed and were only fired once)

I built this rifle last year to share with my father and chase elk with, but lost him before we had the chance to use it. It just stirs up too many emotions to look at and after forming brass, has stayed in the case ever since.
I know someone else will give it a better life and use it, but I just can't bring myself to get it out.
More pics of whatever you'd like upon request.
$1800 for everything.
Here's a link to my build thread: https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/270-ss-build.205251/

Attachments

• F0288A78-44B5-4E6B-BE83-C8F2C37A5D03.jpeg
    F0288A78-44B5-4E6B-BE83-C8F2C37A5D03.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 90
  • E687E364-20D3-4B89-9F8B-AE2F61DD842F.jpeg
    E687E364-20D3-4B89-9F8B-AE2F61DD842F.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 111
Beautiful gun. Sorry to hear the story behind it and your father. I think I've come back to this post multiple times to stare at it. If I just didn't drop too much money on a sea doo 2 weeks ago I'd be all over this.

Bump for a beautiful gun.

I wish I had the extra cash to buy this rifle, I would in a heartbeat. As you know I followed your build thread, I know the quality and care that went into that build. I don't think there is a better back country rifle anywhere, I have often thought of that rifle and reviewed your build thread as I was so fond of it. Absolutely stunning rifle. I'm terribly sorry for your loss....

Good luck with the sale, and god bless.

Beautiful gun. Sorry to hear the story behind it and your father. I think I've come back to this post multiple times to stare at it. If I just didn't drop too much money on a sea doo 2 weeks ago I'd be all over this.

Bump for a beautiful gun.
Thanks man. Hope you're enjoying that Seadoo. Rode one for the first time a couple weeks ago at my bro's bachelor party and had a blast! We were jumping surf boat waves. Like motoX on the water =)

I wish I had the extra cash to buy this rifle, I would in a heartbeat. As you know I followed your build thread, I know the quality and care that went into that build. I don't think there is a better back country rifle anywhere, I have often thought of that rifle and reviewed your build thread as I was so fond of it. Absolutely stunning rifle. I'm terribly sorry for your loss....

Good luck with the sale, and god bless.
Thanks Cody. It was my "dream rifle" for backpack hunting deep in the backcountry and my dad basically "played" along and helped on whatever he could.