• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FN Mauser 98 commercial actions and Hogue Stock

Viking264

Picked these up during a recent project, and have what I need from other actions. Selling three from the bunch that I accumulated.
All are FN-produced, commercial (full left wall), 1950's vintage. At least one appears to have been a Sako/Browning model. All are very clean and in perfect working order. All have the standard bolt face for 30-06 / .308 / .284 family case heads. All are drilled and tapped for rails/mounts. All have tall, sharp barrel threads. Prices include shipping to your FFL (US only).

PM me for pics.

Action #1: In the white; some patina but no visible rust; adjustable trigger (not sure who made this one, but it's crisp and breaks light) with side safety. Floor plate release inside trigger guard. $375

Action #2: Blued, nearly without any marks (>99%); Sako adjustable trigger with side safety, also really crisp and breaks light. Floor plate release is the "pin" version. Doesn't appear (to me) to have ever been barreled or fired. $375

Action #3: Blued, >98%. Standard trigger, upgraded safety to accommodate the use of a scope. Likely a factory trigger, which is still quite nice. Floor plate release is the "pin" version. $350

Hogue stock is olive green, full aluminum block, with rubber material removed from the barrel channel to accommodate a heavy barrel. This has not been into the field, and is in "as new" condition other than the aforementioned mod to the barrel channel rubber. $100.

PACKAGE PRICING: Any two actions for $700 shipped, all three for $1,000 shipped. Add $50 for the stock for either of those two options, and I will also include an EGW 0 MOA rail which fits all three of these actions.

Last edited:
when you say material removed for a heavy barrel...how heavy of a contour like a varmit barrel or a heavy sporter?

OK so are there 3 actions for sale and the stock still? The action on the right, is it not one of the three for sale?
Thanks,
RJ

The action on the left is not for sale. I can send a photo of the stock tomorrow.

It's after Christmas now, could I get the pictures of the stock please?

Apologies, I have not had a chance to get a photo taken of the stock, but am going to go ahead and close the thread on a pending sale for the last available action.