Flush Cup Install - Odd placement, OK?

cowboyarcher

Hi All,

Looking to install some of these:

GrovTec Heavy Duty Push Button Sling Swivel Base Non-Rotating Steel

In a B&C ultralight stock. I'd like to use them on the left side of the stock, but in conjunction with an Eagle stock pack. Has anyone done something like this? The problem I am seeing is that the stock pack would cover the flush cup if it is mounted centrally on the butt.

I am thinking though that I could put it in front of the stock pack:

2013-06-19

Anybody see any issue mounting it just in front of the stock pack? I could see it being an issue for a LH shooter, but it should not be for me?

Thanks guys and God bless you,

Adam

This is the beauty of custom rifle work. You can make it just for you. If you hate it later it's easy to fill the hole and put it somewhere else.

You could make a hole in the stock pack (bottom right) with a soldering iron or red hot 4" nail. This should seal the nylon edges if not just pick up some eyelets and crimp one over the hole. Then you can put it back on the stock and mark the location of the flush cup.
I'm sure I read a goood thread on The Hide regarding fitting flush cups.

I had not thought of punching a hole in the stock pack. Would need to be fairly big though, and a grommet might be needed. . .

It'll work fine if you put it below the stock pack. I have four rifles or so that have the flush cups mounted this way since I like the Eagle stock packs. My stocks are McMillan, but you should be fine mounting the flush cups down there. I'd just recommend using bedding compound or an epoxy to actually set them in. But yeah, you'll be fine with a flush cup in that location.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.