fletching tac arrows

Hi Whoopass800,
Further to Dorge's comments the vanes that Dorge supplies are unlike anything else ever produced by anybody. It's important to note that a conventional vane of any type works on the principle of "Drag" in order to stabilize an arrows flight. While "Drag" does stabilize flight, it also reduces velocity by a significant amount over distance.

The latest generation of the Aerovane does not work on the principle of "Drag", but instead it's the first vane to operate on the principle of "Lift". Look closely at how this vane is shaped and designed. It creates lift from the foil located on one side of the vanes wing. This lift translates into rotational stability and is therefore much less affected by crosswind during flight as well as increased velocity from traditional vanes.

Both of these factors translate into a more stable flight and increased grouping accuracy. (i should tell Dorge he owes me for the advertising of his product), but in all seriousness I'm one of the principle testers and evaluators of most products produced for the TAC15 / 15i crossbows, so I've had the opportunity to test and evaluate most of the products in the market place. My first rule of thumb is that nobodies products get a free ride as far as my approval. I'm a sceptic by nature and therefore a product must perform in order to get my backing and support.

Dorge had to earn his stripes the hard way and has only gained my recommendations based upon unmatched quality and performance in his products. He doesn't supply prototypes or test components and I don't work for him or anybody else, so my recommendations can't be bought.

You can buy other arrows, vanes, jigs or nocks for a lower price from other manufacturers, but you can't achieve even similar quality, performance or product support that you get from the Firenock name, from anywhere else. If you want the best there is, this is my number 1 recommendation.

Regards,

Jon Henry

For those who still want to use the 4 fletch configuration and prefer to use 4 90 degree fletching projectile, I have added a 7 index option for the AeroVane Jig. So you do not have to do what I used to do by pulling the arrow out and re-visual index the 180 vane.

The old 4 index are 0, 120, 180, and 240
The optional 6 index are 0, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240, and 270

FYI, 4 van tac is 0, 60, 180, and 240

So you can make archery projectiles with vanes configurations below
4-FletchT.jpg
4-FletchX.jpg

Fletching Jig, tools and glue

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.