First timer wants to Bow hunt in CO???????

Thanks kaveman.

Have you used any walkie talkies in the mts? I should probably get the longest range ones I can find eh. Heck they are only $100 and it looks like the furthest range is 25-26 miles. That will probablly be cut in half by the terrain and tree cover but that is still pretty good.

I'm thinking the midland GXT850 VP4 or the Motorola T-9580 S.A.M.E. Anyone have experiance with these.

Thanks again guys.

No, I have only used the Rhino for communication. The reception depended largely on terrain even on gprs channels. Transmission and reception improved near peaks. I used mine basically for the gps function and it to worked spotty depending upon the density of the timber.

Speaking of gps, I was just on Garmin's website and saw that they have a new gps out. It's called the Colorado. It looks pretty nice. I think they just came out though and the price is pretty high. I can't find too many people that have them listed for sale. Cabelas and Bass pro have them but they only have the one Model. (400i)

Just thought I'd share

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.