First squirrel dog in decades.

libertyman777

Hey all,

Saw the forum here about small game and thought I would post.

I'm an enthusiastic squirrel hunter. Been hunting them all my life. Doesn't require a lot of money or gear, just an accurate .22 and some suitable squirrel habitat.

Had a tree dog when I was a kid. Loved hunting that way. It's fun to watch a dog that loves to hunt as much as you do. It's an experience that I wanted to share with my kids.

Enter Cooper. He's a West Siberian Laika our of Roger Lephiew's Saline River Laikas. He's about 5 months old. Hasn't treed yet but some of his litter mates have so I'm expecting good things. I'd post some pics but they're in my camera at work. I'll get some up shortly.

Paul

Had similar experience as a kid, uncle had a Boston terrier that treed squirrels like mad!! As soon as it was shot he'd fly to another tree and sure enough there was a squirrel.
Just had a bud pic me up a Patterdale pup I gotta go and get it, hope I see similar results.

hi all my name is armand love squirrel hunting. i have never hunted squirrels with a dog but im fixen to change that soon.

Hello all well i tell u i remember the first time i ever went hunting with my grandfather he had a little feist her name was boots thats was 13 years ago and now im a proud owner of a Tennessee treeing brindle named sam hes 5 years old now had him scence a pup and trained him on my own hes made a great dog so to anyone thinking about taking up hunting with a dog its great u build a bond with your dog and it is great to watch them work a bad day hunting beats a good day workin just last year i started my dog on coon turns out hes not to shaby treeing a coon but a great thing to get into like i said i was a kid and its stuck with me i remember the first squirrel i killed with a dog and i can take u to the tree ol boots was treeing on

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.