First Savage build 260 rem

wjarrell

Just got done with my rifle and so far I'm pretty happy him with it.

Savage long action flat top
Criterion lite varmint 24" barrel in 260 rem match
Boyd's pro varmint stock
Fluted bolt and bigger bolt handle
Stock trigger lighten to 2.5 pounds

I shot factory Nosler 120 grain bullets to break in the barrel before I start load development. Shots are at 100 yards off a bipod, it shows potential so I'm happy.

Attachments

• IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 102
You definitely have a good shooter on your hands, you did well. How did you lighten the trigger, which trigger is it?

Don Dunlap

good build. I've got a home spun savage 260 and I've had similar results. Given the long action you should look into heavy VLD's and the new ELD 147gr. Those could really wake up in that LA. start looking for your next savage, you'll want o build another soon.

Savage building is ADDICTIVE and should be regulated not by the ATF but by the surgeon general. :)
Nice looking build and get ready for 4 more.

Its nothing special but for my budget I'm happy with the way it turned out. I'd like to build another one, maybe a 243 or something of that size for my wife.

Savage building is ADDICTIVE and should be regulated not by the ATF but by the surgeon general. :)
Nice looking build and get ready for 4 more.

L:DL, ... and that's a fair warning. :cool:

Its nothing special but for my budget I'm happy with the way it turned out. I'd like to build another one, maybe a 243 or something of that size for my wife.

That's all it matters ... you gotta love 'em Savage rifles and builds ... they simply rocks. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.