First post from Texas

hornetguy

Greetings...
I just stumbled onto this website, and am pleasantly surprised. I tend to spend time on shooting, bullet casting, and hunting forums... and a few motorcycle forums. No, not harleys.. :D

I confess I'm not much of a long-range hunter.. longest shot I've taken was at a coyote at 287 yards (rangefinder). But he was moving... does that count?

I am definitely interested in the discipline, however. You guys that can make the loooong shots "on purpose" are impressive. I'm somewhat limited by not having many ranges nearby that allow shooting over 100yds. I'd like to be able to shoot at 300, perhaps 400yds, but haven't had the opportunity yet.

I'm an old fart, just comfortably this side of 60... and I live in north Texas, in Allen. Originally from Lubbock, been here about 14 years. So, I'm for Texas Tech, and for whoever is playing against UT..:D

I'm also for whoever can beat Obama, but that's another story.. :cool:

Last edited:
Well... I've been married almost 29 years. That ought to sum it up pretty well.
To elaborate, we are about to have our second grandchild in June.

Guess where all MY money goes? :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts