First LR for Hunting/Target

Riddakuled

I can't make a Final Decision on what to do. I was thinking a .338 LM but just can't make up my mind. I hunt While Tail/Mule Deer and Moose for the most part and hopefully Elk one day in Northern Saskatchewan. The Farthest shot you'll get on a White Tail here is about 400yds but the Mule Deer and Moose are probably around 600yards. So i was just wondering what you guys think would be a good setup for me. I Also want to Target Shoot up to 1000yds.

I Currently use a Browning X bolt 300wsm which i love but just want a new rifle also.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out.

I think the qestion is not what you NEED, but what you WANT. Your .300 wsm will kill a moose at 600 yards, which means that it will kill anything closer than that.

If you want a new .338 Lapua, buy a .338 Lapua. Personally, I woud buy a Savage Long Range Hunter .338 LM. I have seen them for UNDER a grand if you know where to look. Comes with the accutrigger, accustock, Karsten Cheeckpiece, muzzle brake. Cant beat it.

You have my blessing... buy the Savage!

-Mega

I agree with you 100% Mega about the 300wsm killing a moose at that range and your right about it being what I want lol. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.