first long shot

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by skitch, Oct 10, 2007.

1. skitch

skitch Member

first the gun remington 7mm 08. the load 139 hornady over a charge of 4759. the game is blacktail deer. the shot was 75 yards the shooter my son age 9 his first buck with my self and grandpa there. to oregon started a new program this year so kid can start hunting before age 12. this will be the best shot all year i just cant top this.

2. HeskethPritchard

HeskethPritchard Well-Known Member

Fantastic any pics?

3. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

Awsome! BUt we want pics!

Reminds me of all the times me dad and my G-pa(Gpa did have a deer in his scope at 94 years old last year but didnt shoot! I think he goes out just to be out these days) did the same thing and then I continued it on with my step daughter Katie!

Get us a pic!

4. joecool

joecool Well-Known Member

Congratulations nothing more fun then watching your kid shoot their first deer.

5. BrandonA

BrandonA Well-Known Member

Congrats to your son! I think it's a good program if it allows them to deer hunt before 12... Since I had to wait until I was 12 to big game hunt here in California :( We want pictures!

6. skitch

skitch Member

i will try to get some on tomorow

7. mikebob

mikebob Well-Known Member

I remember my sons first deer its was amazing. Since then he has become quite the little deer slayer. Im going to try to get him his first with a bow this year he is 12 now.