First Long Range Rifle Complete

TORCHRIDER

Well here is my first long range rifle project. It is a Savage 110 bedded in a B&C stock with a 26" 8 twist Shilen stainless select match barrel in .243 AI. All metal is Cerakoted in flat black. She sports a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 Mil dot on an EGW base with Burris Signature rings. She weighs in at 12 lbs.

Savage2.gif

Savage3.gif

Savage4.gif

Savage1.gif

Very nice! All black, all business, looks sharp.

Have you shot her yet? Is the scope new as well or from another gun? What your feedback on the Sightron?

Thanks! My goal was a very clean looking rifle. Have not shot her yet. Working up some handloads for fireforming right now. The scope is new and I am very pleased with the glass. We will she how she tracks when I get her to the range. Cant wait to get some trigger time. gun)

Nice. Let us know how she shoots. Is that a duramax stock with a Karsten or is it a model I have not seen?

Beautiful set-up. What type of nut/bolt did you put on the rear of the bolt group? It looks nice...I stripped one recently while changing bolt handles...and savage will only sell that part to a gunsmith.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.