First deer and its a 3 point!

one crazy kid

Well it was along five years coming but I finely got one. So my dad and I were out in colville for the late whitetail last weekend, it was crazy we were over run with mule deer left and right but I couldn't shoot any of them:rolleyes:. I got fed up with mule deer and left for an unexplored area, I had just topped a ridge when I hear a pine cone drop so I froze for what seemed like hours then I turned my head and cot a glimpse of tail then a head, when I found antlers I sent him a neat little package from a 270wsm topped with a berger:D(unknown load and grain). He ran then piled up thirty yards down hill witch I thought weird because I nailed the heart and both lungs:rolleyes:.

P.S. My dad labeled him the sporke.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 130
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 110
Nice work! I still remember what it is like to get your first deer, the excitement and the relief! I can tell you were pretty happy by the look on your face in the pictures. Good job.

Congrats! My son just took his first coues deer Sunday. Your parents are very proud of you, and they cannot wait for the steaks!

Nice work! I still remember what it is like to get your first deer, the excitement and the relief! I can tell you were pretty happy by the look on your face in the pictures. Good job.

Yeah after five years it really was a relief, happy does not even come near what I was feeling:D.
Desertdoc thank you:)

I didn't understand why he was "spork" from the first picture. saw the second one and had to laugh.
Great job and congrats on a very nice first whitetale.

I already cut off the antlers in prep for mounting. I have never herd of anyone boiling skulls? how do you go about it? whats the purpose?

Stop by yard sales, goodwill etc.. Find a large-very large pot. Get yourself a camp stove. Fairly straight forward. Main thing is don't use your mom's pots or stove.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.