First Custon Rifle

Ceilingman

It is a 6BR Rem 700 action that has been trued and the lugs have been squared up, the blot has also had a sako extractor installed, with a Hart 28" barrel 1-8 twist with a #7lv contour, I am planning on shooting the 107 gr SMK bullets, It has been bedded into a Bell and Carlson stock we sanded smooth and filled and then painted and clear coated, the barrel and action was all duracoated matte black,it has a nightforce 5.5-20-50 NPR-2 scope with nightforce rings and 20 moa base that has all been lapped. The only thing left is to have the blot knob turned off and a new one threaded on. Gun 1.jpgGun 2.jpgGun 3.jpg

Last edited:
wow! Thats one smoking hot rifle. Nice job indeed. Have to ask, you don't by chance paint custom cars for a living? If you don't. Me thinks you just found new career. Happy shooting!!!

Very eager to shoot but between the wind and the rain haven't got out and the wind is blowing about 25 to 30 mph again today have rounds loaded laupa brass br-4 primers Varget powder in 30.3 30.5and 30.7 grains with 107 gr smk bullets. So if anyone knows where to get a finger scratcher let me now as I am having a hard time waiting.

It is a 6BR Rem 700 action that has been trued and the lugs have been squared up, the blot has also had a sako extractor installed, with a Hart 28" barrel 1-8 twist with a #7lv contour, I am planning on shooting the 107 gr SMK bullets, It has been bedded into a Bell and Carlson stock we sanded smooth and filled and then painted and clear coated, the barrel and action was all duracoated matte black,it has a nightforce 5.5-20-50 NPR-2 scope with nightforce rings and 20 moa base that has all been lapped. The only thing left is to have the blot knob turned off and a new one threaded on. View attachment 1144View attachment 1146View attachment 1145

Awesome

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.