First bull elk bow kill

RH300UM

Bowtech Insanity CPX and Victory VAP arrows with Toxic broadheads put this Idaho bull down.
My first bull elk with a bow!

Attachments

• 1379349321109.jpg
    1379349321109.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 153
Good job! Nice looking bull. I am taking my new bow for my ML hunt as it is a legal weapon. Daughter gets first chance at her first bull and if she passes then I get my chance. Hopefully with the bow.

Nice bull! How did the Toxics work? They look like a pretty mean broadhead. I've been looking at them quite a bit. It hard to find any info on how they perform on elk. How was the penetration? How far was the shot and where did you hit him? Do they fly well? Sorry for all the questions:) Just really interested in them!

Congratulations, Robert.
Nice bull, and thanks for the story details on the phone.
Great story, need to share it with all.

Nice bull! How did the Toxics work? They look like a pretty mean broadhead. I've been looking at them quite a bit. It hard to find any info on how they perform on elk. How was the penetration? How far was the shot and where did you hit him? Do they fly well? Sorry for all the questions:) Just really interested in them!

Sorry for the late reply.
It is hunting season and I am going a 100 mph with my hair on fire!!!
Man I love this time of year.
The Toxics performs.
The shot was at 50 yards extreme quartering away. Very little shot window.
Let the arrow fly and hit him square in the right shoulder... Ugh!!! Bad shot on my part. Wind carried the arrow 5 inches right.
After a very long search we found him.
The bow, arrow and broadhead combo did it's job.
When the bull was butchered the arrow had penetrated through the shoulder. Hit a rib and went into the throat.
penetration was 8 inches or so.
Most of that through shoulder bone.
Very impressive.
Also take into account that I was using Victory VAP arrows.
They have improved the amount of penetration dramatically.
This was one of my all time best hunts!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.