First Build

1/10 is a great all around twist. It works with light and I have had excellent results with 208gr amax and berger .210 I have a .300 wm on a remy Action with a Krieger #10 and timney trigger. Light weight and magnum cartridges do not belong in the same sentence. Even with my super heavy #10 after ten or so shots heat mirages becomes a huge issue.

A muzzle break is i'd say almost mandatory if you want to be able to make a follow up shot. I agree 28" inches would be about ideal. 30 is ok but that starts to make for a awfull long stick to try to case and carry.

As far as reloading, A forster Co-ax 2, lee neck sizer, cci primer H1000, or rl-22 powders and 190gr match king, 208 Amax or 210 VLD makes for very accurate loads.
i set the pill .010 off the lands, I get great accuracy with em jammed but I'd hate to have to dump a round and leave a bullet stuck in the throat and powder all over my action.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.