First build

jsthntn247

Alright guys, putting together my first "real" build and need some advise. I've always wanted a thumbhole stock but I live in the Deep South and not many folks around here know what a manners or mcm stock is. I am using my 7mag sendero action for this build and want to semi true the action and replace the barrel. I have a fluted sendero obermeyer 1/10 30 cal barrel on the way. However I can't decide between the manners t5 or the mcm lazzeroni. This gun will be used mainly for hunting but also for target shooting g as well. My action is a long action with factory hp, but can i do a 300 wsm or would I be restricted to 300 wm?

Just have your smith work the rails, bottom metal& follower, & open up the bolt face some, maybe some extractor work, & bolt stop.
Had my long action Win-70, 30-06 turned into a 300WSM & couldn't be happier with the performance. Had it throated for 200gr Accubonds but I'm flingin 180's over RL-17 @ 3100+ into little bitty groups, so for now that's what I'm stickin with.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.