First buck one day after his 8th BD

Jim See

LRH Sponsor
Danny got the invite to hunt a friends lease for his first buck. 20 minutes after waking Danny up from a nap, (tired kid he hunted hard for 2 days) we had 2 bucks come in to a feeder, the larger walked on by, and I scolded Danny for not being ready and on the gun when the deer walked thru a narrow shooting lane.

Just as the second buck entered the lane I saw the larger one comming back out, as the words to wait were comming back out of my mouth Danny sent one from his 6mm-250 into the second bucks shoulders, at 150 yards, folding him up.

Well he sure didn't hesitate on the second one!

I didn't deer hunt this year, had too much fun watching Danny pile up some venision.

Attachments

• IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 114
I too was just past my 8th BD when I killed my first a nice Blacktail buck.August 5,1951.Man was my dad proud.Had just given me a Winchester 94 25-35 two days before.All the other kids were 13 years old+.
Great memories.

Randy
PS Hope I didn't hi jack the thread.
God Bless you both

Thanks Randy, I didn't get started deer hunting until I was 14, think I was 16 when i shot my first deer, my Dad didn't hunt so i learned as I went. Passing the tourch to Danny is going to be fun.

So I am scrolling down the list of thread titles until I see this one.

And I think: "now Jim is a pretty savvy hunter but how on earth did he know the deer's birthday? "

Congrats!!! Always great to see a young one getting one. The 6mm-250 is that a 22-250 necked up to a 6mm I'm familiar with a a bunch of wildcats but that one is new to me. Great shooting let him know a bunch of us are rooting for him too.

So I am scrolling down the list of thread titles until I see this one.

And I think: "now Jim is a pretty savvy hunter but how on earth did he know the deer's birthday? "

Yep same here. That is definitely what the title infers.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts