First blood on my new grendel

yotesniper13

Went out and spent the day calling some new land with my new grendel. Made several blank stands. Got to the best looking spot and I could hear another hunters foxpro playing rabbit distress. Headed out to the next stand. Got settled in and my buddy is hand calling. Its a little windy so he's using a TT LSB. I hear a couple howls from behind me in the distance. Then it changes to the same foxpro rabbit distress I heard at the last stand. Really?!!! After about ten minutes of some bunny blues my buddy changes to some pup distress. I see a coyote come over the hill about 350-400 yards out. Straight down wind from me. It works its way down the hill and stops about 200 yards out behind some trees and I lost him.I looked for it for about 5 minutes. I'm starting to think he winded me and went back the way he came. Even though the coyote is only 75-100 yards from my buddy he doesn't see it because he's watching the other way. My buddy is about to end the stand and lets out a howl. That shook the coyote loose and I saw him heading out. He stopped at 175 yards to look back and I sent a 123 grain A Max his way. I heard the hit and he spun and took off over the hill. I thought I could see him pile up as he got to the top. After a few more minutes of pup distress I headed up the hill to find my coyote. He ran 75 yards and was right where I thought I saw him pile up. I hit him right behind the left shoulder and the bullet exited about halfway back on his other side. On the way back to the truck the other hunter drove by looking for where my shot came from. It was a fun day of calling and got to kill a coyote with my new grendel!
20131023_192126.jpg

Nice looking coyote, my grendel has taken 5 so far the 95gr vmax does a good job, haven't hit one with the 123's yet

I haven't started loading for mine yet so all I have shot are factory loaded 123 A Max from Hornady. I'm getting all the reloading components together now. I would like to try some of the lighter projectiles like the 95gr V Max on coyotes.

Nice shooting! i know that the dogs my way dont take a 140 a-max out of a 6.5 creedmoor very well! They drop were they stand and on average i kill 45lb dogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts