First 1000 Yard Group with New 7 STW

Checked again.Model#85585, Buds#76117 is $540. The one you found is model#85600.Buds#80608 that is $731 and that one looks to have the break while the other doesn't.
They would both need triggers and stocks .The stocks might be tolerable but them **** X-Mark triggers are junk.
gun)

I've been told I have a 9.25, I wouldn't think it would make a huge difference , and I get confused , 9.25 is a slower twist than a 9 correct?

I've been told I have a 9.25, I wouldn't think it would make a huge difference , and I get confused , 9.25 is a slower twist than a 9 correct?

Most of the older Remington 7 mm barrels are 1-9.25 twist, which is a slower twist than the 9. I've had trouble stabilizing the 180 VLDs in the slower 7s like the 280 Rem. and 7 Mag. Due to the speed of the STW, even the slower twist should shoot the 180s. The longer the bullet, the faster the spin it takes to stabilize it. The faster the velocity, the faster the spin.

Hey Mud, since you also shoot the 180's , what twist rate do you have? Do you get the same results? Thanks, Mike

Hey Mud, since you also shoot the 180's , what twist rate do you have? Do you get the same results? Thanks, Mike
I have an old Sendero SF...It has the 9.25" twist. Mine shoots them into pretty much the same hole when the conditions are right, and I do my part.

I have the exact same gun, the only difference will be that I can't find any H1000 and I'm going with some RL25 ( found 6lbs so I grabbed em up ). I hope to be working up a load soon. Thanks, Mike

I can't find either one...So I'm fixing to order an 8lb jug of 7828 SSC and some Norma MRP.

Anyone done any load develpment with MRP and the heavies in the STW?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.