firearm purchase

heelerx2

What is the best method for purchasing a firearm from the classified section so everyone is protected. In otherwords, how do you send someone money without the risk of them not shipping the gun to you. I am sure this is posted here somewhere but I can't find the topic.
Thanks!

Of all the business I've gone on this site, it has never been a problem. The guys that hang around here dont seem to be the type. Check thier post numbers. With that being said, your gonna have to have some faith, cause with that being your first post, I would want money up front as well. Perhaps you could find an FFL willing to broker the deal if that is not an option for you.

Of all the business I've gone on this site, it has never been a problem. The guys that hang around here dont seem to be the type.

texan gives good advise. Make sure both parties know each others names, addresses, and phone numbers. Confirm all verbal conversations or agreements with an email and save the copy. Do whatever you agree on. I personally have never had a single unexpected hitch on a transaction from people on this site. Now - go to Craigslist and/or ebay and you've got some concerns. Don't take this personally but having only one post would sure throw up a flag that I would have to consider before I sent you any merchandise.

I understand where all are coming from, being my first post. Just checking the waters so to speak. I think I understand how things work here. Think I will like it! Still will be smart though.

I understand where all are coming from, being my first post. Just checking the waters so to speak. I think I understand how things work here. Think I will like it! Still will be smart though.

By the way - WELCOME to LRH.

I would think most of us treat other members the way we would like to be treated.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.