Fire forming

Anyone got a good fire forming load for a 25-06AI...?? Powder type; charge and bullet if you have the info handy.

Thanks

75 looks and not comment 1. I sure appreciate the assistance...I mean I know I can hunt down a good forming load but if someone had one at hand Id use what they had recommended....had they recommended any at all.

What goes around comes around boys!!

Would it have been helpful to read 75 responses saying " no sorry I can't help you, I thought you were listing a good load for others to use"

I use 100the grain sierra boat tails and imr 4064. Seat the bullets to jam pretty tight in the lands to prevent too much stretching in the base of the case. Pm me and i can look up the charge weight. Pretty sure id was max rate for the standard 25-06.

I use 100the grain sierra boat tails and imr 4064. Seat the bullets to jam pretty tight in the lands to prevent too much stretching in the base of the case. Pm me and i can look up the charge weight. Pretty sure id was max rate for the standard 25-06.

Mucho appreciated sir.! A gentleman and a scholar...well....a gentleman at least....:)

I figured a standard 25-06 loading but just wasnt sure......never have fire formed before, but I do know I want the casings blown out fully to get the shoulder correct.

Again...much appreciated

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.