Fire forming

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Sully2, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Anyone got a good fire forming load for a 25-06AI...?? Powder type; charge and bullet if you have the info handy.

Thanks

2. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

75 looks and not comment 1. I sure appreciate the assistance...I mean I know I can hunt down a good forming load but if someone had one at hand Id use what they had recommended....had they recommended any at all.

What goes around comes around boys!!

3. 1tonpower

1tonpower Well-Known Member

Would it have been helpful to read 75 responses saying " no sorry I can't help you, I thought you were listing a good load for others to use"

4. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

Nobody cares if you respond or not. Obviously nobody has an answer for you.

5. goose

goose Well-Known Member

I use 100the grain sierra boat tails and imr 4064. Seat the bullets to jam pretty tight in the lands to prevent too much stretching in the base of the case. Pm me and i can look up the charge weight. Pretty sure id was max rate for the standard 25-06.

6. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Mucho appreciated sir.! A gentleman and a scholar...well....a gentleman at least....:)

I figured a standard 25-06 loading but just wasnt sure......never have fire formed before, but I do know I want the casings blown out fully to get the shoulder correct.

Again...much appreciated

7. old_heli_logger

old_heli_logger Well-Known Member

I anneal the shoulder area first, then I always use the heaviest bullet (so I can reach the lands) and the lightest powder charge...seems to work pretty well.
    Good luck!

8. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Info appreciated!