Fire Forming With Cream O' Wheat And Muzzle Brake?

Couldnt get it to come off. Guess i need to use a vice.

There's no reason for it to be that tight. Did your 'smith thread on the brake or build it into the barrel? Some 'smith's get the wild hair to use loktite or rockset for some dumb reason too....

I've seen both.

t

It is threaded on and no loktite from what he told me. I shot three rounds tonight with the brake on and could not see any damage, the cases came out about 85% formed, i could probably bump the charge up another grain. I will keep an eye on it.

I had a great load worked up: 55gr of cinnamon swirl behind 100gr charmin pleated boattail. Apparently, DHS ordered 500,000 lbs of cinnamon swirl, and I can't find any except with C-O-W scalpers and I'm not paying those prices.

Anyone have a good load using apples and cinnamon? I have an old box laying around and thought I'd give 'er a shot but I can't find any load data on Nabisco's web site.

You guys are too much! Make me feel like a neophyte. I'm going to go shoot cans at 25 yards with my 10-22 where I belong.

Yo, Riley,

Go for it!

I neck down 375/300/7mm RUM brass, leaving that little ring, and fire form to 270 AM all the time.

I have an over flowing bucket of worn out cases, about 16 pounds, and have had no problems.

I switch between COW & corn meal. After forming a few w/COW I need a glass of milk and after a few with corn meal I get really hungry.

Brake seems to make no difference.

Position your dog @ about 15' and shoot at it. The butt wipe magically appearing @ about 10' will scare the heck out of it. I don't have a dog so I fire form at my goats.

Charred material will build up around the case mouth. It there is only a partial ring, that means part Olof it broke off somewhere. Probably during extraction. Put mom's vacuum cleaner on blow and clear the chamber.

Also go slow being cautious of barrel heat.

Yo, Riley,

Go for it!

I neck down 375/300/7mm RUM brass, leaving that little ring, and fire form to 270 AM all the time.

I have an over flowing bucket of worn out cases, about 16 pounds, and have had no problems.

I switch between COW & corn meal. After forming a few w/COW I need a glass of milk and after a few with corn meal I get really hungry.

Brake seems to make no difference.

Position your dog @ about 15' and shoot at it. The butt wipe magically appearing @ about 10' will scare the heck out of it. I don't have a dog so I fire form at my goats.

Charred material will build up around the case mouth. It there is only a partial ring, that means part Olof it broke off somewhere. Probably during extraction. Put mom's vacuum cleaner on blow and clear the chamber.

Also go slow being cautious of barrel heat.

Hey Roy, havent seen you around here in a while. Nice to see you back.

I did 40 of them total the other day, i blew the chamber out after every round with the air compressor, also didnt let it get hot to the touch. I dont have a dog either, but i fire form at butter flies at point blank range. :rolleyes:

I had a great load worked up: 55gr of cinnamon swirl behind 100gr charmin pleated boattail. Apparently, DHS ordered 500,000 lbs of cinnamon swirl, and I can't find any except with C-O-W scalpers and I'm not paying those prices.

Anyone have a good load using apples and cinnamon? I have an old box laying around and thought I'd give 'er a shot but I can't find any load data on Nabisco's web site.

You guys are too much! Make me feel like a neophyte. I'm going to go shoot cans at 25 yards with my 10-22 where I belong.

Some people just have no sense of humor. LOL! :D

would wrapping duct tape around the break then using a strap wrench work to remove the break. sounded good in my head and on computer. :D looking forward to how this one turns out on paper and game.
Riley hows the .284 coming along?

would wrapping duct tape around the break then using a strap wrench work to remove the break. sounded good in my head and on computer. :D looking forward to how this one turns out on paper and game.
Riley hows the .284 coming along?
Might work, but i am going to use these 40 cases to do load testing to hopefully be ready for the next Townsend shoot in August. Now if i could only find my neck turning mandrel... :rolleyes:

My 284 win is shooting pretty good now, wouldnt shoot worth anything until i got the bullets at least .045" off the lands. Right now i am at .070" off and it is just below 1/2 MOA but i am going to try two more seating depths and see what i come up with.

Now i a thinking of a 22x47 Lapua build and reworking our 338 Lapua, man this is addicting! Now i have to rebarrel all our rifles into something interesting. :rolleyes:

Yes it is addicting and I am not even anywhere close to even getting started. I have a win mod 70 in .06 thinking if redoing. All kinds if ideas everyday. Keep us informed this looks like fun

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.