Fip-up covers on Nightforce scopes

gcamp54

I was wondering if anyone here has come up with a method for using a flip-up style scope cover on the Nightforce scopes or if you have a better method/product that you are using? I haven't gotten my scope yet but I read it's difficult to use the flip-ups due to the eye piece turning when adjusting magnification.

Gordon

Mine Work just fine. All i did was set it so when your on max mag its up and slightly to the right so it doesnt interfere with your bolt and at lowest mag it is twisted to the left. Just takes a little getting used to, dosent bother me a bit now.

I have kinda given up on the flip-ups, mostly because the quality of the Blizzards seems to be dropping and the expense of the Leupolds is insane. But, also, I don't like rotating covers one my eyepiece.

I now use the factory bikini covers with good success. I zip-tie one of the retention strands to the scope base which solves the problem of quick deployment without worrying about a dropped cover. I haven't figured out the see-thru thing yet, if that is important to you. For me, it is a secondary concern.

Mine Work just fine. All i did was set it so when your on max mag its up and slightly to the right so it doesnt interfere with your bolt and at lowest mag it is twisted to the left. Just takes a little getting used to, dosent bother me a bit now.

i would do this or use the bikini and zip tie it to the base like mentioned

I use the same system. I replace the Blizzard objective style with the std. barrel plastic, so it holds better. I then disassemble the Blizzard and put some of my dope on a piece of thin cardboard, and place it into the lens part such that when it pops open i can see it. I also put dope in the ocular part. This allows me to access all the info without having to get out of shooting position.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.