Finished Painting!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by darrindlh, Mar 3, 2010.

1. darrindlh

darrindlh Well-Known Member

I am finally done. It is rough around the edges but it is my first stock. It looks a ton better that the origional grey stock.

[​IMG]

This is what my stock is going to look like. I know what to do now to make it look awesome. I am going put another coat of paint and make all look solid. Not to bad though for my first time I think.

Darrin

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  2. sniperjwt

sniperjwt Well-Known Member

did you follow the instructions posted here on LRH? I am working up the nerve to try to do mine but am not sure yet if i really want to do it:rolleyes:.

3. darrindlh

Yes sir, I did. It is not as hard as I thought that it would have been. I just got excited and unpatient and now I have to start over with my base coat. Last night I bought some painter tape and taped the whole gun. I then took a stencil knife and cutted the pattern that I wanted out of the tape. This go around I am going to be paitaient and let everything dry real well before I cut my patterns out. It will look good

Darrin

4. sniperjwt

sniperjwt Well-Known Member

well i dont want to steal your thread so i will start another one but i will say thanks for the motivation to help me go ahead and paint mine. If you want to see it go to the thread titled 300WSM stock.

5. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Not bad for a 1st timer. Post a pic once your complete.

6. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Cool, take some before(you already did), durring, and after pics. Looks like fun

7. darrindlh

Winmag I have already finished. Dang that would of been so much better sorry

Darrin