finished my adjustable cheekpeice

manhoer

basically finished had a few days off so I got after it. just needs a coat of varathane then its done. not quite the same stain but as close as I could get.

P1050596.jpg

P1050597.jpg

Thanks for sharing the final result. It looks really nice!!!
Congrats. Piece of art right there.
Are you sure you dont want to do some of them to sell???
Keep up the good work.

thats amazing, I like how you oeiented the grain to line up. That takes a fine hand. good work.

no. I just laminated 8 peices of walnut and one peice of cherry 1/16" then put it over a pressure mold.then once the glue was dry it kept its shape

Cool! Any problems with the laminations wanting to slip around? I've read about people doing bent lamination glue-ups using some special super-slow setting urea-resin glue and vacuum bags... any special materials or just plain old Titebond? Sometimes simple works pretty well ;)

I did use a slow setting wood glue and yes you have to be very careful when you pace it in the mold.after its dry it comes out like a bent phone book if you know what I mean.the layers don't line up because the radius of the outside layer is different from the inside,so then you have to trim it up to the top layer all by hand its very labor intensive but worth the effort

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.