Finially found something worth shooting...

abinok

Finially found something worth shooting with my christmas present...

sunset2.jpg

Thaks for the kind words guys, I just wish this camera would capture the full spectrum in one picture.
Tha horizon is 40 miles away, more than 60 if im looking south. Heres a better pic, so you can see the actual color of the clouds on the fringes....
sunset3.jpg

Sunset5.jpg

Hey ! whats the deal?

So what , you got a d i g i t a l camera on the Lords birthday . Now you want to clutter up this site with bogus photos that are probably shameless copies of some photographer that someone spent weeks and weeks trying to get it all right so that they could sell it and then be able to feed their poor sainted mother.JUST KIDDING !!!
It is as Len said , " good eye " . I thank you for letting me send copies to the prison here in south Arkansas so that the inmates that have discovered more than violence or drugs can use them for inspiration . Some are gaining quite a name for themselves with their paintings . One of them is a nephew of mine .

Keep them coming , Jim Brown

Ive got a higher resolution pic if you want it... its almost a meg, might look a little better on the desktop.
My photohosting site won't support the bigger pics.

ABINOK

I was watching the news this morning and they were talking about the wildfires in Oklahoma. I remember my grandmother telling me that during the dust bowl days she could tell by the sunsets in Alabama when there was a big dust storm in Oklahima because of the red sunsets.

Does the color in your pictures come from the smoke particles?

Abinok,
Nice images, the rule of thirds is important for sunsets and sunrises. Your bottom image is a good example. With 35mm SLR's we can manipulate the aperture to influence colors - make an early sunset look like a late one. When I was shooting a lot of 35 I used to catch a lot of sunsets and sunrises, usually with a huge whitetail buck in the picture somewhere. Made me a bunch of magazine covers and they are actually pretty simple images to create if you work at your setups and baiting - and have some big bucks around.

Some of the best colors occur several minutes before the sun breaks the horizon and up to six or seven minutes after. Really like the evening sky after a storm, makes for some of the most incredible sunsets. Also get some incredible light in the east as the sunset takes place, every one is a special gift. Thanks for sharing.

buffalo bob,
If we don't get some rain soon, you may be able to see the "dust bowl" effect for yourself. A lengthy drought, and no rain in sight are only going to contribute to the 50,000+ acres already burned. There was a fire to the southwest the day before this pic was shot, but I don't think it had much effect as far as the colors go. The purples and vibrant pinks are pretty typical for around here.
When the spring and its thunderstorms arrive (hopefully) ill be shooting some more. The rain bands coming across the valley can be stunning. If i can just figure out all the functions on this camera, it ought to be prety cool.
Thanks for the kind words everybody!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.