Finally!!!

Bad466

Finally got my tac today, hopefully take some shots tomorrow. Even in pieces this thing looks wicked.

Very cool!

Please be sure to read the instructions carefully.
I kinda rushed it a bit, and though I didn't break anything, it would have been waaaaaay better if I'd taken my time. :rolleyes:

It's particularly important to learn how to release the tension and de-cock the crossbow without firing it, and it does NOT involve pulling the trigger!

It's worth verifying that all the bolts are tight and that nothing looks like it's missing or out of alignment.

Lastly, it's also very recommend that you paper tune it before shooting at long range.

It's a precision machine and well worth the effort to do it right. I love my Tac15!

Hi Bad466,
Take Twanger's advice, I couldn't have said it better myself. Before even worrying about getting to the paper tuning stage, it's far more important to take the time to square and level the entire crossbow. Once this has been completed, you can begin the paper tuning and shooting process.

The guys that are giving you these recommendations have been down the road a few times and know these crossbows very well. If you want great accuracy from the xbow, then take your time read the articles that have been published in this forum and follow their directions carefully. You won't find this type of information anywhere else and these guys are the subject matter experts on all things for this crossbow.

Good luck and welcome to being a TAC15 owner!

Regards,

Jon Henry

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.