Finally the proper way to break in a barrel!!!!

Saw that the other day that guy cracks me up, not sure I agree with some of his methods but it is funny. It makes me cringe everytime that rifle hits the gravel.

Saw that the other day that guy cracks me up, not sure I agree with some of his methods but it is funny. It makes me cringe everytime that rifle hits the gravel.
me too, I would even throw a $2 pawn shop gun. I have more respect to firearms then that.

Did you notice the guy in the video is a dwarf? Look at how short he is... Funny how someone would do damage to a rifle and scope just to get attention on the internet.

I'm like the rest of you that can't watch this abuse of a firearm

I wished he would state his name and where he lives so that we
could have the ATF confiscate all of his weapons because he
obviously doesent deserve them.

I noticed he didn't even check the barrel for obstructions before shooting
after his little stunt.This behavior will end up getting someone hurt!!!!

I wonder what his wife,car,house and anything else he ownes looks like.

Also I hope his gunsmith or gun store was watching this video.

He mentioned the harmonics when the rifle hit the ground and I was
wondering what harmonics he would hear when a large fist laid about
300ft/lbs of energy up beside his head.

Sorry guys but that ****ed me off.
J E CUSTOM

I have known people with the "Napoleon" syndrome and this guy looks like he fits the bill lol.

I think that he is just trying to be satiricle on the fact that some people go through a ritualistic process to break in a new rifle and treat the rifle better than a little baby.

He goes to the other exteme to deminstrate it's not nessesary to break in a barrel. Which you all know is highly debated, with good points on both sides.

I would never do this and I do some limited break in myself, but I found this satiricle in nature and amusing.

BTW,
He owns the rifle and can treat it as he wishes.

Last edited:
JE Custom,

First off it doesn't matter what his name is, the ATF isn't going to take away his rifle because he tosses it on the ground. He hasn't broken any laws. Second, I know him personally and he has more rifles than slats in a mile long picket fence. I'm pretty sure he frets little over scratching one of his rifles/scopes. He drives a brandy-new Toyota pick up that very few would turn down. His wife doesn't fit the usual description of Alaskan-Ugly either. With all that said I totally disagree with what he is doing and you'll not find me doing anything similar, but it's his stuff and he can wreck it if he wants to. Love him or hate him, you have to admit the "cow-barrel" comment is pretty darn funny.

Much like blind men describing an elephant we each get different things from that video.

What I take from the video is that he is trying to get the point across that a rifle system should be tough, it is a tool that should be dependable. I personally have little time for folks that worry about getting a scratch on their rifle (shotgun, handgun or whatever). I have some nice rifles and don't generally go out of my way to "test" them but I also have them built so that a tumble down a rock slide doesn't put me out of a hunt. That and he is having some fun knowing folks will take offense to his testing of the rifle system... it is a tool and should be tough for tough country.

I believe it is 'Nobody' or 'BigStick' making the video and the point.

Edit
Big Sky, I didn't see your post until I posted. I'd agree, he has plenty of rifles and is a colorful guy, gotta agree with his technique on break-in as it seems it work for him.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.