Finally got the G/F to show me how to load pics

What great long range country!!!!
You can see for miles and miles!!!!
I think I would go stark raving crazy because there are no trees.

This was a coyote I shot with my 220 Swift. Range was 225 yards, bullet was 55g BTIP at 3925fps. [image]
neyz5l.jpg
[/image]

Yes I am still learning. I think I might have it figured it now. I'm gonna post about 6-7 pics. I have tons of pics. Just never could get my gf to show me how to do it. Yes that is the type of country we hunt deer and yotes. Just plain old open wheat fields.

Here is another coyote shot with the 50g vmax moly coat at 3900fps. As soon as I got back to the truck from the previous coyote, I seen this one standing up on the edge of the wheatfield. Range was about 75 yards. Shot him right up the tailpipe. Pretty devastating exit hole. Notice that the last 3 pics of coyotes were shot on the 28th. Up untill that day, I have never shot more then 1 coyote in a day, that day I shot 3!! The one with the STW I was going out to my range to load test and he came down off the tracks. Later that night my dad and I went trolling and thats when we seen the last 2 that I shot with the 50g vmax and the swift.

nf0185.jpg

4ked Horn

Yah I try my best to get rid of all them I can. Our muley population is getting ridiculously low around our parts of the country. I have shot 51 coyotes since I got my first one at age 15. The last 2 I have got with my 300 RUM and the 210g VLD. I really wanted to post those 2 pics, but I already had them printed and there in my album. Dont know how to get them on the computer. I also want to show the pic of my 145" class whitetail I got this last hunting season, as well as my spike elk. I'll try to figure all this out so I have some differne't pics other then yotes. My gf said something about having them scanned and doing something else. She knows all about it, she works at a print shop. But she gets tired of doing all that work, so shes grumpy when I ask her to help me. Typical woman, huh?

Sounds like the relationship I have with my wife. I wouldnt own a computer if it weren't for her. Well I might own one but it would have some baseball bat marks on the moniter.

If you are interested in some devistating bullets at rediculous speeds look into some Wildcat 68 grain .30 cal bullets. They are a standard length bullet jacket so the accuracy should be fine but the lead is reduced for the light weight. The lead can even be set forward in the bullet by means of a small plastic ball in the base of the jacket. This adds stability in flight. I will leave it to Richard (maker of Wildcat bullets) to share with you how fast they were coming out of an ultra mag but it was wicked fast. Since he is a true custom bullet maker he can also put a thicker or thinner jacket on them for different results. I heard of a beaver that was shot with one of these rounds. When the shooter picked up the beaver it felt like the innards would come pouring out of the entrance hole. eeeeuuuuwwww
barf.gif

Maybe the next time I swing through Hermiston I will let you know. Maybe we can have lunch. We have family in Coeur d'Alene near Spokane and we will be going up at least once this summer.

WOW, a 68g out of an ultra mag, I dont know if I would want to shoot to many of them. I tried the 125g BTIP, and it shot 3950fps and let me tell you on a milk jug filled with water at 100 yards, it totally vaporized it. THere was not even a drop of water left. There was a cloud of mist about 10feet. I only shot 50 bullets, as I knew they were going to wear my throat out very fast. I wanted to shoot a coyote with them, but never seen one to shoot when I had them loaded up. Well I am enlisting in the ARMY and I will be leaving in about 2 months, so if your headed out this way anytime before that, I would be glad to go out to lunch and talk.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.