Finally got 30 Nosler dialed in

thaught

Built a 30 Nosler on a Lone Peak Fuzion Ti action and Proof barrel. Was having a really hard time getting a load developed for it. I tried Retumbo and H1000 with Berger 215s at every possible seating depths. Decided to give N570 a try with Berger Elite Hunters in 205 gr. The rifle loves it. 1/4 MOA.

Load is 85.2 gr of N570, Fed 215M primer, ADG brass, Berger Elite 205 gr, 2.795"

Sometimes it's a bummer when a rifle "just likes everything". Too easy. A finicky rifle makes you feel like a scientist and you really get to know the thing trying to make it live up to potential. Or it just makes you bitter and you move on to a more agreeable one haha.

got any more details on your load? Muzzle velocity, sd es numbers, any groups printed yet to show off? Don't have a 30 nosler, just like all this stuff (and not alone here :) ).

congrats.

What was your rough oal with the 205's in a saami chamber? I ask because that's what I wanted to shoot in my 30, but I'm limited to 3.5" for mag length. What was your oal to touch those 205's to the lands?

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts