finally going to order a barrel!

DanielLudwig

ok guys ive finally picked a caliber so i can buy a barrel. Im going to build a walking around rifle in .300 Wby Mag and thoated for 200gr bullets(SMK/SGK/Accubond). this will be a magazine rifle, so the throat will be kinda short for the bullets im using, but its a compromise that i can live with and the reamer will be set up with this in mind.
ok on to my questions...
I am intending on ordering a #5 27" 1-10 Lilja, but i wouldnt mind going alittle heavier if I can and keep the weight under 10#, im not going to use a brake so as close to 10# as possible is best.
also, I am thinking of ordering a stock from Accuracy Innovations, and was just wondering if anyone has used them, i really like the look of their wood, and the aluminum bedding system is a real bonus to me. i was set on the McMillan General Purpose stock, but wood really suits me better. Is the Accuracy Innovations stock going to be a good quality piece, or should i just buy the McMillan and live with plastic?
thanks in advance for any input, this will be my first custom and i have put several years of thought into this, so i really want it to turn out like i want.
later
Dan

Daniel,

I have not used those stocks so I apologize for highjacking your post. I currently shoot a factory .300 Wby using the 200gr SMK and Accubonds. Please keep us informed of your progress.

What action are you going use on the rifle?

I am currently saving money to have Kirby put the same barrel on a new gun for me.

Just my opinion but you would benefit greatly from another 1" or so of barrel. Start out long and if you don't like the extra velocity you can always have it shortened.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts