Finally! A picture posted

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
Whew!!

087525.JPG

Just another M40A1 clone

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

OK! I'll bite. What is it?

It looks like a 700 (short action) to me also.

It also looks like a lean mean killing machine. Nice gun.

Gents,

It is a 700 in 308. It has been bedded to a McMillan M40A1 stock (AKA HTG)

The reason I call it an M40 clone is the 24" tube w/no flutes and the 700 action and its stock.

Its actually a cross between the M40 and the M24. Same barrel length as both and the stock of the M40 and the same action as both, but it has the twist of the M24 (11.25)

deergrunt hit the nail on the head when he said killing machine! This rifle had bagged 7 big game animals in its 1st 365 days! It is the rifle I made my first long range kill with and my shortest range kill also! Harvests include, 3 dall sheep, 2 caribou and 2 black bear.
smile.gif

I also shot my first 1 hole group ever with it and my best 300 yard group.

087614.JPG

087619.bmp

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

MEichele

That's a 300 yard group??? .4 inches or so, .13 MOA!!!

You coming to Wyoming this August?? We could have some fun shooting rocks and such
smile.gif
smile.gif

Dave,

Yes it is a 300 yard 3 shot group. You were close, its .341" This is my personal best. My previous best (shot w/the same rifle) was .427" 3 shot. My next best is .551" After that I have done quite a few in the .750 department. Trust me most my groups arent that good. Once in a while I flinch just right!
grin.gif
he he he.

This rifle has done a few 2" groups at 800. So I know its a real shooter. Now if I could do these all the time I would be extatic!

I would love to go to Wyo this year, but dont know what this year hold in store for me yet.

Hi Michele
Could you enlighten us as to what barrel and gunsmith put thi sunit together, please?

Elarski,

I am glad you like the YP1000.

apb, it is acctually a factory rifle with a McMillan aftermarket stock. The rifle was bought as an experiment. I wanted to experiment with a 24" tube and a 11.25 twist. Remington came out with a limited production rifle, the one pictued above. It came with the same stock as the VS or VSSF rifle. It shot so good I decided to keep it and upgrade the stock. When I put the stock on it, it shot even better!

GA precision builds similar rifles. I belive you can even get one from them with an 11.25 twist.

[ 01-11-2004: Message edited by: meichele ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.