Final Results in Idaho - Part 3e

Buffalobob

No bear was killed, but I broke a NF scope chasing him around. The bear was in no danger as I know nothing about how to hunt a bear.

No deer with antlers were seen during the deer season, so I obeyed my wife's instructions to not be dragging back any deer meat.

I missed a shot on a 5X5 elk at 1425 yards due to a ranging error of 75 yards. A 75 yard range error is 2.0 MOA. He didn't seem too concerned with the miss but the lead cow knew what had happened and hustled everyone out of danger (with a 75 yard range error, they were not in any real danger).

No deer with antlers were seen during the deer season, so I obeyed my wife's instructions to not be dragging back any deer meat.

We didn't go to Idaho this year since my buddy couldn't make the trip. Two guys that we normally hunt with did make the trip and saw nothing bigger than 2 point mulies, and not too many of those.

What they did see a lot of, that weren't even there a couple of years back, was wolf tracks everywhere. They did see elk but every herd of elk was bunched up and acting weird and spooky in an area where there aren't any other hunters. Sounds like the woofs are spreading.

S S S:mad::mad:

No bear was killed, but I broke a NF scope chasing him around. The bear was in no danger as I know nothing about how to hunt a bear.

I missed a shot on a 5X5 elk at 1425 yards due to a ranging error of 75 yards. A 75 yard range error is 2.0 MOA. He didn't seem too concerned with the miss but the lead cow knew what had happened and hustled everyone out of danger (with a 75 yard range error, they were not in any real danger).

We could pool what we know about bear hunting and still come back empty (bearless).

All in all sounds like you and Roy had a great time for yourselfs.

Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts