Final opinions

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Cajuncoonazz, May 1, 2012.

1. Cajuncoonazz

Cajuncoonazz Active Member

Well im about to break down and get a scope. Just wanting some last minute opinions on a pure hunting scope with longest shots being 500-600 yds. Looking for a scope great in low light conditions and a Ballistic Turret. Thanks guys

2. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

What price range? I have a Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA with a custom turret. $950 + about $100 for the custom turret.

joseph

3. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

.......Just don't tell him you need a dolly to haul it around...:)

I have one too and it's darn heavy. besides, for a 600 yard maximum shot range, 24 on the high end is a bit much.

4. rancilio

rancilio Well-Known Member

5. Cajuncoonazz

Well i currently have a vx-3 4.5-14x50. But really want a scope with ballistic turrets. As far as price range up to 2000

6. marinetowgunner

marinetowgunner Well-Known Member

Swarovski z5 with the ballistic turret or if you want to get crazy, pick up a nightforce NXS and really be able to dial like you want.

7. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

Send your leupy in and get m1 knobs or target turrets. Just a couple hundred bucks

8. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

Huskemaw 5x20 Blue Diamond or Nightforce G7 5.5x22. I use both and they are superb, with comparable optic quality and a precise and reliable turret system. The Huskemaw is lighter, more compact, and about $700 less. The Nightforce has a much heavier construction, but the weight and size is not very carry friendly, if that's important. Both have nice reticle designs with 1 MOA windage divisions, but the NF also has a ballistic scale built into the vertical Reticle calibrated to 600 yards. The designer of both scopes, Skip Davidson, has put a lot of thought into these scopes which results in a very efficient hunting design, particularly if you use turrets.

9. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Zeiss Conquest

10. Cajuncoonazz

Thanks everyone!! The only thing i noticed in all scope besides the z5 is that there are no just plan reticles thats more what im looking for a BAlistic ret

11. marinetowgunner

marinetowgunner Well-Known Member

If you are looking for something with a plain reticle, check these out:

Zeiss: Conquest (good), Conquest Duralyt (better), Diavari (best)

Leica: ER series not the old "Leicapolds"

Swarovski (I would recommend Z5 or Z6 but that's just me)

(listed in no particular order of course)