figuring scope height on 20moa rail for balistics program

pjogrinc

First experience with a 20 MOA rail on a gun.
When you enter the scope height into a ballistics program, what height do you use for the scope height above bore center line??

Do you use the erector centerline height or the objective centerline height???

Well, far as I know, the center line for all lenses in the scope should be the same. So if you use the center of the objective lense you're lined up with the center of the erector lense set and the ocular. You can forget about the rail's influence. Or, maybe I missed something in the question.

First experience with a 20 MOA rail on a gun.
When you enter the scope height into a ballistics program, what height do you use for the scope height above bore center line??

Do you use the erector centerline height or the objective centerline height???

Maybe this will help ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/fFrNrhqcEiQ?t=59[/ame]

I would use the erector center line height because that's going to be closest to the average height of the scope above bore. In reality the slant of the 20 MOA base is so small that you'll likely not be able to measure the difference. I haven't found a way to measure bore to scope centerline height that's precise enough where it would make any difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.