fierce arms rifles... any first had experience?

Probly good reason to enter into such contracts with milestones and deadlines and guaranteed refunds if those aren't met.

I know this is kind of an old thread but I can help you out if you are still looking. I own their Edge rifle in 6.5x284 and threw a Nightforce NXS on top of it. It's a lights out shooter. The 1/2" guarantee is an accurate statement. Mine shoots 3/4" 200 yard groups and better when I am having a good day. The key is to find a shop that has what you are looking for in stock and ready to ship. Cove Creek Outfitters is a start. You can also call them and have them locate what you are looking for. Thats what i had to do because i wanted the black finish. It has been stated that their customer service is horrible and it is. It's worth the wait in the end. I am currently looking to buy my second rifle. Going with a 300 win this time around.

After getting mine all togerther in October I have been pretty happy with it. Here is a pic of mine, along with a couple groups.

140 berger vld-h at 100yards

So I'm doing research on builders and comparing what Fierce offers in comparison and it's a LOT for the money. Putting the bad experiences aside they are seriously peaking my interest. We hunt steep country here in Wyoming so a light accurate rifle is definitely a plus...probably for everyone anywhere for that matter. I'm curious about a few things.

--what's their current wait time?
--do you order through a dealer or directly from them?
--what's the deposit required? Still $1000 or so?

I'm a big guy and the stuff looks like I'm going to snap it in half. Is their stuff durable with the carbon barrels? I always worry about that. I'm tough on everything.

Full Boar it seems like every custom rifle on the market is a knock off of a Remington inferior action so what do you have against Fierce taking some key features from a Sako action like the short 70 degree bolt, three position safety, control round feed etc. etc. The Sako is a production built gun with a broached action and sloppy tolerances. The Fierce action has wire EDM cut race ways, all machining done after heat treat, a one piece bolt, and tighter tolerances than most $8,000 guns on the market. It seems to me it is much more than an exact copy of a Sako. I am obviously a fan of there rifle and don't see any one else out there building the same quality, giving a 1/2" group guarantee with a target proving it. Plus they include the load data with there guns. It also has a carbon fiber stock on it. Doesn't appear to me that any one else is selling a rifle any where in the ballpark of Fierce. I think these guys are the next Cooper but they actually test fire there guns at 100 yards not at 40 yards.

I owned one for about 15 months. I can honestly say without question. one of the worst rifles I have ever owned. I was pretty excited to get a Fierce because it was Made in Canada. Being Canadian it the thought of a rifle made in Canada gave me a bit of pride

I start from the beginning. I got the rifle home and almost immediately noticed that the trigger group was malfunctioning. When ever I opened and closed the bolt., the cocking indicator would go forward. meaning that the sear wasn't holding the striker back, and the rifle was not cocking. I brought the rifle back to the store where I bought it. They sent the Trigger group back to the manufacture in Quebec.

Two weeks later i got my rifle back from the gun store and was pretty excited to mount a scope and go shoot this thing. I had purchased the Barnes Vor-tx ammo that they had written on the supplied target, showing that the gun was shooting a 3 shot group of .23". When I was trying to mount the scope I noticed that the most forward screw wasn't threading into the receiver. Upon inspecting the threaded hole I found that a large bur at the start of the threads, which prevented and screw threading into the hole.

Hum.................

How would have Fierce been able to shot a test group if they couldn't even mount a scope. Good thing I worked in a machine shop for almost a year. I was able to clean up the threads and get the scope mounted. I mounted a nice Leupold scope and took her to the range and i was only able to get her to shoot 7/8"-1&1/4" groups at 100 yard/metres with the Barnes Vor-tx that they had apparently test fired the rifle with.

Another big, Hum........................

I was eventually able to get the gun to shoot 1/2"-5/8" at 100 yards by working up a load of Nosler Partitions. I was happy with that. So it was time to take this beast hunting.

I went Elk hunting and any one who has ever hunted elk would know. I walked at least 30 miles in a week. After just 2 days the sling swivel pulled out of the stock. This made for a very uncomfortable hunt. I will have to compliment Fierce for sending me out a new stock in short order.

I also noticed that if I didn't ram the bolt hard. The bullet would jam up half way into the chamber. That was a bit unnerving; considering that I hunt in Grizzly bear country. Its also not very stealthy while hunting.

My final complaint about my Fierce is that a some of the cerakote rubbed off.

I was very disappointed with this rifle; so i sold it and now I'm looking a a new rifle. lol

Well there you have it, an honest and unbiased opinion of the much over rated "Farce" rifle's

This review is, in no way intended to sway anyone's decision to buy, or not to buy a Fierce rifle. It is merely intended to reflect my personal experience with the said rifle.

Feeling a little less "Canadian pride".

Well I just ordered a Edge Ti in 26 Nosler from a local chain store who said they had them in there system. I have been looking for a year now and for the money it looked like the best deal. I also picked up a Nightforce from the same place they had them on sale. I will let everyone know how it goes..

Well they called and said they got my rifle in.. To bad it was a Edge in Ti color and not a Edge Ti!!
So I ended up with a 26 nosler in the carbon edge. It looks and feels good so I need to mount the scope and go shoot it. I will give an update once it cools down and I get out and shoot it.

Good Grief squanch! Sorry to hear about that ordeal! What caliber was that rifle?
Sorry for the delayed response, killerBee. It was a 300 WSM. I eventually found a replacement rifle. I got a Weatherby Mark V ultra lite(6 lug) in 280 REM. It's been a solid performer. It shoots 1" groups at 100 yards using HSM factory loads. Which is below the 1.5" groups that Weatherby guarantees. I haven't tried reloading for it yet.

Good Grief squanch! Sorry to hear about that ordeal! What caliber was that rifle?
Sorry for the delayed response, killerBee. It was a 300 WSM. I eventually found a replacement rifle. I got a Weatherby Mark V ultra lite(6 lug) in 280 REM. It's been a solid performer. It shoots 1" groups at 100 yards using HSM factory loads. Which is below the 1.5" groups that Weatherby guarantees. I haven't tried reloading for it yet.

That is funny! I two purchased a Weatherby Ultra lightweight in 300 Win Mag. It was not shooting to my expectations so I swapped out their #2 barrel with a Wilson Match Grade #3 barrel, glass bedded and free floated it. Now it shoots 5" groups at 800 yards. I love the Weatherby action, does not get much better then that! :)gun)

I've got a custom built on a Fierce action because I wanted to know where my barrel came from and wasn't sure on their stocks at the time of purchase. Mine sits in a McM Sako Hunter and has a Bartlein Barrel. Turns out, the guys at Fierce know very little about their rifle specs. My smith had a hell of a time getting specs to thread my barrel and spent a lot of time tuning the trigger to get it down to the advertised 2 pound pull weight; couldn't get it any lower than that =(
Neat little gun and shoots excellent, but it's fixing to go on the sale block to fund another more pressing build ;) Sorta how life goes these days it seems...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.