fierce arms rifles... any first had experience?

OK Guys
Hope this helps. I was looking for a Custom .300 RUM @ the end of 2013 for a hunt in 2014. I was looking for a total weight of around 8.5lbs or less with scope. I called and talked to just about every builder- all were out 10 to 12 months for a build. Plus with the exception of a Carbon Barrel builder I was having a hard time finding the lighter weight I was desiring. This is when Fierce Firearms entered the picture. Talking with them I decided on going with their .300 RUM with the Titanium Action and Muzzle Brake. Ordered in March 2014. Delivery in June/July. At that time they were offering this weapon under $3000.00 w/brake. (It is more now- but still a great value for a Custom Rifle) NO Builder any where could even come close to that price for what Fierce was offering! Let alone a delivery in less then a year.
OK! So with that being said June, July, Aug. came and went without delivery. But I will say this in there defense, they did call and keep me up to date. And honestly my hunt was not until Oct. Middle of Sept. package comes from Fierce. Gun is just what I ordered.
So, I set it up and take it to range. Dial it Zero@200 yrds. Very impressive considering I'm shooting 180gr. Factory Nosler Accubonds. Start shooting @ 300, 400, 500 and 600 yrds. Nice! So, here it is. I have shot a 3in. group @ 800 yrds with a factory load with this rifle and I have less then $3700.00 into it including scope. At the time I made the purchased there was nothing even close to that price range for a Custom Rifle. Especially in the weight class I was trying to stay under. Oh ya and just in case your wanting to know about their Barrels. McGowen in Montana makes them.
Good Luck and I hope this Helps! You won't be sorry. Great Rifle!
Bill

Attachments

• Gun.jpg
    Gun.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Target.jpg
    Target.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 185
3 weeks Hillbilly rifles did my 300rum rifle in because fierce couldnt deliver mine in time and its 1/2 moa garuanteed with nosler 180 accubond trophy grade ammo and whole in whole with hand loaded hendershots siroccos and my hand loaded 180 etips at 300yards for zero I paid a 1000 more for it but got a bartlien barrel and picked the cera coat and carbon fiber stock color it weighed in at 7.6lbs no scope with a 26in barrel plus another 1.5 for the brake for a 27.5inch barrel. Glad your happy with fierce you got your order in about a month before me and they were more than 800 rifles deep on orders. But they never called me or ever emailed me back.

I ordered and put a $1000 deposit on a 26 Nosler edge ti April 4th 2014. I was suposed to see the rifle in september, now its May 2015 and I have no clear date I will see the rifle. In the mean time the prices have gone way up (dollar exchange as well as I am Canadian) so my quoted $3400 taxes and delivery in goes to $4100 plus taxes (12%). Not my issue that they can't meet a delivery deadline, but I have to eat an extra grand as the prices have changed since my quote. Ouch.

I ordered and put a $1000 deposit on a 26 Nosler edge ti April 4th 2014. I was suposed to see the rifle in september, now its May 2015 and I have no clear date I will see the rifle. In the mean time the prices have gone way up (dollar exchange as well as I am Canadian) so my quoted $3400 taxes and delivery in goes to $4100 plus taxes (12%). Not my issue that they can't meet a delivery deadline, but I have to eat an extra grand as the prices have changed since my quote. Ouch.

How can they change the price? Isn't it a contract?

Cancel that thing order a hillbilly custom if they make you pay the new price that would be bull crap if they make you pay the new higher price. Long range rifle that affordable bull **** affordable mean less than 4000 in the 2 to 3 range and that high for sum folks if sum one has a donor I can get a 1000 yard gun built for 2500 on a ruger no1 action all day long from a very reputable smith

Cancel that thing order a hillbilly custom if they make you pay the new price that would be bull crap if they make you pay the new higher price. Long range rifle that affordable bull **** affordable mean less than 4000 in the 2 to 3 range and that high for sum folks if sum one has a donor I can get a 1000 yard gun built for 2500 on a ruger no1 action all day long from a very reputable smith

I was snooping on gunbroker and found this:
http:// FIERCE FIERARMS TI EDGE : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Edge ti spec'd out exactly as I had ordered... Now that doesn't sit well with me.

How can they change the price? Isn't it a contract?

The dealer quoted me, not Fierce as they don't sell direct. Dealer won't go through with the deal as they will lose around a grand. Once again not my problem. For the new price I could have gotten a Pierce titanium action, krieger or bartlien barrel, jewel or calvin elite trigger decent bottom metal and a manners stock.

I ordered one on 5-19-14 and was told delivery would be in 90 days. Not my first custom I am used to 8-12 months so this looked attractive not to wait that long for a rifle. Well its one year later and still have not received the rifle and the communication has been poor at best. I ordered the Ti Edge in 240 Weatherby and was quoted $2800. Sent email out today and in that email I said if I have no response on the progress of this rifle by the end of the week I would cancel my order. One hour later I received a email from John Mogle saying he was having a tough time getting barrels from his supplier in .243 because he is selling so many 7mm's and 30cal rifles.
Was told by John that he would receive the barrel in 3-4 weeks and then take another month to assemble the rifle. The only problem with that is he told me the same thing back in December. I have waited this long but what would you do. Also anxious to see if he honors the quote on this rifle.

You folks that have a problem with Fierce Rifles need to file a complaint with ATF. They may ignore one complaint but if everyone filed a complaint, they would act.

I also contacted John, to let him know I had cancelled my order with the dealer. John emailed me back within a couple hours and said he would check how fast he could get the rifle out. Maybe an hour later emailed me again saying he would have it shipped out in 4 weeks. So time will tell. I will give the man that chance, but if its not on the way to me by July I will go a different way. Full custom ready for the 2016 hunting season!

I also emailed John yesterday to see if he was going to honor the price and he said he would. I just think that they are a new company that had a attractive priced rifle that bit off more than they could chew.

I recieved mine last week. Bit of a messup with shipping from the dealer but its here. I was excited as I cut open the tape on the box, flipped the box open and WRONG stock... after 18 months and a few days. Man I was ****ed. Dealer sent me the $$ worth of bullets to make up the price difference. And another dealer offered me the dipped stock I wanted in trade for mine.

Shot 8 rounds out of it, couple sighters and three shots centered into about 3/8" at 100. Factory nosler 140 ab load. Time will tell if it can hold that type of grouping with the berger vld or a more streamlined bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts