Fiber Optic sights

j870sm

I have broken another sight on my bow and am frustrated beyond belief. This is the 2nd sight, that while hog hunting, I have managed to brake off the fibers going to my pins. I have no idea how this happens as I try to be careful.

I am planning to hunt Saturday so I was in a bind for a sight. I found a TR Flatliner on clearance for $25. This is the 5 pin black sight with the vertical in line pins. Have no experience with this type of sight but I am going to give it a try. I got it installed last night and in the rain I shot a couple of arrows and it is close at 20. I am hoping to get some time this afternoon to tweak it in out to at least 40yds.

Are any of you using this sight or a comparable one? If so let me know what you think. I really like the vertical pins, it is kind of like looking through a rifle scope. I may have to go back to my old sight for the hunting on Saturday and make due.

It's a terrific sight, and you got a smokin' deal on it. It is very easy to sight in, as it is tool-less, and infinitely adjustable. You should be able to have it dialed in very quickly. The vertical pin system is the best system imo.

Steve

Man, I really like this sight. The pins are bright but not to bright. It was so easy to tweak in and I am getting really good groups. I am right on out to 40 and have no problem taking a 40 yd shot on a pig if I have a clear shooitng lane and that is a big IF. I had no problems this past wekend seeing the pins. It was heavily overcast and the sun didn't make an appearance all day.

Overall, I would say this is a pretty good hunting sight. The pins are bright, relatively well protected and very easy to set. I can see that there will be a problem trying to shoot spots as the pins cover them up from 30yds on out. The red pin for ~40 is nice as it separates the short pins from your long pins. Might not be that big of a deal for some but I think it is a nice feature.

I will get a different sight for shooting spots but this sight will work great for hunting and any 3D targets. For the money I spent on this sight and the fact that I was in a bind I think I did very well and will probably continue to use it on my hunting bow. I would even go so far as to say that if you needed a sight I would recommend this one for hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.