Feral dog problems

HUAINAMACHERO

I have been having some problems with feral dogs lately in my farm. In Ecuador it is pretty normal to see feral dogs wondering around, and in the farm I have had some problems with them lately. One of my llamas was almost killed one night, she was bitten in the legs and neck, and managed to survive because the dogs of the farm chased away the feral dogs attackers. Some other feral dogs have been seen eating the calves food. I love dogs, I have 3 yellow labrador retrievers and a pointer, but feral dogs can be nasty.
A week ago I was with the vet of the farm checking up some of the cows and I saw this dog chasing the little calves in the farm, so I runned to the house, grabbed my 270, and shot this dog at around 100 yards from the house, one shot in the boiler room, DRT. Once I checked him up, he had scars on his face, and skin diseases in his face also. Good to know there is one less to do harm around there.
IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

One's got to do what one's got to do. Can't have them attacking the farm animails.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.